Unless you're involved completely in manual work, thenthe chances are high that you're involved in a job that uses a computer atleast during some portion of the day. If you're responsible for the upkeep orpurchase of computer workstations, then you need to provide comfortable workspaces for the people using them.
Sitting at a computer workstation for lengthy periodscan cause anyone problems if their absolute comfort has not been taken intoconsideration. Poor posture can even induce injuries as it puts unnecessarystrain on muscles and bones. The human body is not actually designed to sit foreight hours a day or more, so having a comfortable computer workstation is ofparamount importance.
The Ten Rules of a Comfortable Computer Workstation
- The chair height can be adjusted to maintain the work surface at elbow level, and to allow adequate leg clearance
- The back rest can be adjusted to provide adequate lumbar and spinal support
- The chair can be adjusted to prevent slouching
- The chair should allow the elbows to be kept close to the body, and the head and body to be kept straight
- Adequate chair height so the feet can be rested on the ground or on a footrest
- The monitor should be positioned within sixteen inches of the body
- The monitor/chair height should be adjusted so the top of the monitor is just around eye level
- The workstation top should be adjusted so fingers are relaxed with wrists comfortable
- The entire workstation should be adjusted so elbows are straight
- If possible, a keyboard tray should be supplied for extra comfort
If you are providing computer workstations for aschool, college or any type of educational facility, then the chances are high theyare likely to be used by a lot of different people. As people typically come inall shapes and sizes, it's important that your workstations are flexible enoughto cope with a large number of body types. This means that both the workstationfurniture you provide and the chairs must be completely adjustable.
The computer workstations we tend to recommend themost here at School Outlet are the ones created and built by Safco. These ergonomically-designedcomputer tables come complete with a housing unit for the PC tower, asmall alcove for a printer or other similar peripheral and a pull out,safe-spacing tray for the keyboard and mouse.
We also can provide you with an immense selection ofchairs all suitable for use with a computer workstation. Many are fullyadjustable with variable height and excellent lumbar support, making them idealfor extended use, keeping their users comfortable at all times.
For more information about our computer workstationsand chairs, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are a company thatspecializes in school furniture, and we pride ourselves on our excellent levelsof customer service and our selection of the best in quality education-relatedfurniture. We can be contacted via telephone at (877) 398-6449 or you can alsouse the onlinecontact form from our website.